Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Paper I ,
(For a person who intends to be a Teacher for Classes I to V)
Total Questions: 30 (Multiple Choice)
Total Marks: 30
Unit - I (Marks-05)
- Family Personal relationships, nuclear and joint families, social abuses (child marriage, dowry system, child labour, theft); addiction (intoxication, smoking) and its personal, social and economical bad effects.
- Clothes and Habitats - Clothes for different seasons; maintenance of clothes at home; handloom and powerloom; habitats of living beings, various types of houses; cleanliness of houses and neighboring areas; Different types of materials for building houses.
- Profession - Profession of your surroundings (stitching clothes, gardening, farming, animal rearing, vegetable vendor etc.), small and cottage industries; major industries of Rajasthan State, Need for consumer protection, co-operative societies.
- Public places and Institutions - Public places like school, hospital, post office, bus stand, railway station; Public property (street light, road, bus, train, public buildings etc.); wastage of electricity and water; employment policies; general information about Panchayat, legislative assembly and parliament.
- Our Culture and Civilization - Fairs and festivals, National festivals; Dresses, food-habits and art and craft of Rajasthan; Tourist places of Rajasthan; Great personalities of Rajasthan.
- Transport and Communication - Means of transport and communication; Rules for pedestrians and transport; Effects of means of communication on the life style.
- Personal Hygiene - External parts of our body and their cleanliness; general information about the internal parts of the body; Balance diet and its importance; Common diseases (gastroenteritis, amoebiosis, methaemoglobin, anemia, fluorosis, malaria, dengue.) their causes and methods of prevention; Pulse Polio campaign.
- Living Beings~ Levels of organisation of plants and animals, diversity of living organisms, state flower, state tree, state bird, state animal; knowledge of reserve forest and wild life (national parks, sanctuaries, tiger reserve, world heritage), conservation of species of plants and animals, knowledge of Kharif and Rabi crops.
- Matter and Energy - Common properties of substances (colour, state, ductility, solubility) various types of fuels; types of energy and transformation of one form into another; Applications of energy in daily life, sources of light, common properties of light. > Basic knowledge of air, water, forest, wetlands and deserts; different kind of pollution, renewable and non-renewable resources of energy in Rajasthan and concept of their conservation; weather and climate; water cycle.
- Concept and scope of Environment Studies
- Significance of Environment Studies, Integrated Environment Studies
- Environmental Studies & Environmental Education learning Principles
- Scope & relation to Science & Social Science
- Approaches of presenting concepts Activities
- Experimentation/Practical Work
- Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation
- Teaching material/Aids
- Problems of Teaching